Configuration of Unity Application Block

Topics: General discussion
May 22, 2008 at 8:20 AM
I've just downloaded the Enerprise Library 4.0 to start experimenting with the Unity Application Block and the Validation Application Block.

I was very eager to see how I would be able to configure it using the enterprise configuration tool, but I was quickly disappointed. There is no possibility to configure Unity using this tool. At least I didn't find a way.

Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not included in the current release? What are the plans for releasing this functionality?

I also couldn't find the Application Block Software Factory, so I wasn't able to make some custom validator that integrates with the configuration designer. Where can I find this for the 4.0 release? Or is this not yet available and when will it be available?

Thanks,

Serge Desmedt

Blog: Hungry for Knowledge
May 22, 2008 at 1:35 PM
Hi Serge,

About the ABSF, here's what Grigori has to say about it.

There is currently no tooling support for Unity. Keep in mind that Unity is a separate project; here's its forum.

Fernando

SergeDesmedt wrote:
I've just downloaded the Enerprise Library 4.0 to start experimenting with the Unity Application Block and the Validation Application Block.

I was very eager to see how I would be able to configure it using the enterprise configuration tool, but I was quickly disappointed. There is no possibility to configure Unity using this tool. At least I didn't find a way.

Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not included in the current release? What are the plans for releasing this functionality?

I also couldn't find the Application Block Software Factory, so I wasn't able to make some custom validator that integrates with the configuration designer. Where can I find this for the 4.0 release? Or is this not yet available and when will it be available?

Thanks,

Serge Desmedt

May 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that the Unity project has a seperate project on Codeplex.

However, as I interpreted the Entlib/Unitity roadmap I thought that this release version of Entlib would include Unity (which it does) and would also provide integration in Entlib, which I so liberally interpredted as being able to edit Unity configuration in the Entlib configuration tool and also in Visual Studio (and which it doesn't).

Guess I was wrong  ;-)

Regards,

Serge Desmedt