Config files using enterprise library manager

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Caching Application Block , Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block, Policy Injection Application Block, Pre-release discussions, Security Application Block, Validation Application Block
May 20, 2008 at 2:13 AM
Hi,

I have two windows applications each with their individual app.config files. Now, I want to create a root config file for these two applications using enterprise library manager 3.0 where it contains all config sections,app settings..etc., for each application and should be able to access these root config file settings from application1 and application2 respectively. Please let me know whether it is possible to do that.
May 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM
No, it's not possible. You have something similar to what you seem to be looking for with Configuration File Inheritance for ASP.NET apps, but not for WinForms apps.

What is your goal? There might be other ways to achieve it.

Fernando

itakkeda wrote:
Hi,

I have two windows applications each with their individual app.config files. Now, I want to create a root config file for these two applications using enterprise library manager 3.0 where it contains all config sections,app settings..etc., for each application and should be able to access these root config file settings from application1 and application2 respectively. Please let me know whether it is possible to do that.