Nor rolling when impersonate is set to true

Topics: General discussion, Logging Application Block
May 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Hi,
We are using Rolling Flat File Trace Listener in a web service. Web service directory security is set to Basic Authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication. And in web.config impersonate is set to true. The log file is created by the first user's credentials when the service method is first called. And when the last user call has arrived and the file size reaches the rolling size limit file could not be renamed because the last user's credentials does not permit the rename operation. How can we use Rolling Flat File Trace Listener for this web service?

Thank you...

May 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM
Hi,

With the current implementation, there's no work around possible. I'm logging this as an issue.

I'll try creating a "impersonation proxy TL" and I'll post it to EntLib contrib if it works.

Thanks for the precise description of the issue.

Fernando

spinodal wrote:
Hi,
We are using Rolling Flat File Trace Listener in a web service. Web service directory security is set to Basic Authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication. And in web.config impersonate is set to true. The log file is created by the first user's credentials when the service method is first called. And when the last user call has arrived and the file size reaches the rolling size limit file could not be renamed because the last user's credentials does not permit the rename operation. How can we use Rolling Flat File Trace Listener for this web service?

Thank you...