Thanks, Randy. I wasn't aware of the EL Optional Update 1. After learning about that from your post, I performed the following:
- Installed EL 5.0 Optional Update 1 (using command line tool to replace existing EL 5.0 instance)
- Re-installed the EL 5.0 Silverlight Integration Pack
- Re-installed EnterpriseLibrary.Config tool via Visual Studio 2010 Extension Manager (using the NuGet package)
- Fixed up existing config files that were created with original EL 5.0 (the assembly version numbers changed from 5.0.414.0 to 5.0.505.0)
At this point, when I right-click on a .config file, I can see the context menu items:
- "Edit Server configuration file"
- "Edit Silverlight configuration file"
When I select either of those two menu items, I receive the following error message:
- "Error launching the configuration console. Could not locate the Enterprise Library binaries required to launch the configuration console.
Either use NuGet to add references to the application blocks or set a value for the 'Enterprise Library binaries paths" property on the solution
to indicate the location of the binaries."
I'm now trying to resolve that error, but haven't been successful yet. Any tips will be helpful.