microsoft.interop.security.azman.dll

Topics: Security Application Block
Aug 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I'm working on Windows XP, trying to use the Security Block in ways that seem to require the AzMan provider.

I've downloaded and installed the Windows Server 2003 Admin Package, and I'm able to use the AzMan GUI that comes with that package.  However, microsoft.interop.security.azman.dll is nowhere to be found, and it appears I need that in order to build the EntLib Unit Tests, which are (so far) the only place I've seen an example of the kind of validation that I need to do.  (I need to authenticate not just based on whether a user has a role, but whether they have a role with respect to a specific business unit.)

Anyway, since the AzMan interop DLL didn't get installed by the Windows Sever 2003 Admin Package, is there some other way for me to get ahold of that DLL?

Also, I'd appreciate any links to sample applications, tutorials, etc., that cover using the Security Block with parameterized roles.

Thanks,

Jim

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:44 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Hi Jim,

You should be looking to Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.dll instead. It should reside under %windir%\Microsoft.NET\AuthMan\. On your second concern, I'm not sure if you are referring to roles which can be passed at runtime. If this is the case, then you can use the Fluent Configuration API to build your security application block where you can modify its rule expression.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Contact Us