does enterprise library 5 logging zip log file?

Topics: Enterprise Library Core
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I had used enterprise library 5 logging to track event information and only overwrited the LogFormatter class LDAPSynchronizationLogFormatter which not refers to log package. After that, I deployed my application on IIS7.

The configuration is as follows.

<loggingConfiguration name="LDAP to DB Synchronization Logging" tracingEnabled="true" defaultCategory="General">
    <listeners>
      <add name="Rolling Flat File Trace Listener"
           maxArchivedFiles="5"
           type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.TraceListeners.RollingFlatFileTraceListener, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
           listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
           fileName="E:\Logfiles\WebOS\Logs\MobileCatalog.txt"
           footer="" formatter="LDAPSynchronizationLogFormatter" header=""
           rollFileExistsBehavior="Increment" rollInterval="Day" timeStampPattern="yyyy_MM_dd" />
    </listeners>
    <formatters>
      <add type="MobileUtility.Log.LDAPSynchronizationLogFormatter, MobileUtility" name="LDAPSynchronizationLogFormatter" />
    </formatters>
    <categorySources>
      <add switchValue="Information" name="General">
        <listeners>
          <add name="Rolling Flat File Trace Listener" />
        </listeners>
      </add>
    </categorySources>
    <specialSources>
      <allEvents switchValue="All" name="All Events" />
      <notProcessed switchValue="All" name="Unprocessed Category" />
      <errors switchValue="All" name="Logging Errors &amp; Warnings">
        <listeners>
          <add name="Rolling Flat File Trace Listener" />
        </listeners>
      </errors>
    </specialSources>
  </loggingConfiguration>
When I checked log folder, I found out a strange log package. The package names 'MobileCatalog.2011_07_21.1.txt-20110721' and owns a log file and a MD5 file.
The log file names ''MobileCatalog.2011_07_21.1.txt'. The MD5 file names ''MobileCatalog.2011_07_21.1.txt.md5'.
I don't know how it procedures? It seems no information refers to it from google.
Thanks in advance.
Colson
Aug 15, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Hi Colson,

I must admit, this is really a strange issue. I wasn't able to reproduce your same issue given the same settings you have. Have you checked your event log for any possible exception? Also can you reproduce the same using the default formatter? 

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Contact Us