Category not logging

Topics: Logging Application Block
Apr 29, 2008 at 5:14 PM
We have had the enterprise logging application block successfully implemented for about six months. We have a assortment windows services and web applications. For about a month or so I have noticed that one of the categories just stops logging. I do not see the problem within the windows services, but only in the web applications. I am thinking it has something to do with when the application pool recycles. All other categories work fine except for one, the all import error.log.

Can anyone think of any reason to why just only one category stops logging? Is there anything I can do to catch the application pool destroy and force the release of all the log files?

Thanks,

Travis
May 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Anybody?
May 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Hi Travis,

Can you set up a stand alone repro for this? Your description is unfortunately too vague to be actionable. For instance, what kind of trace listeners do you have in that source? If you're using a file based trace listener, could it be possible that the entries are being diverted to a new file with the infamous GUID prefix?

Regards,
Fernando
May 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM
I assume your error.log goes to a file, Did you check if you still got enough permissions to write to this file, from within your web application ?