Silverlight Logging Demo error Unity dll reqd in EntriesInIsolatedStorageView.xaml.cs

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Logging Application Block, Silverlight Integration Pack
Jul 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM

http://tinyurl.com/422wugf  shows my single error as a result of the following steps.

• Build EnterpriseLibrary.Silverlight solution from Silverlight Integration Pack
  • Utilize dll's from Integration Pack above for missing references in Silverlight Logging Demo.
  • Silverlight logging Demo now builds with 1 Error.
  •  The file EntriesInIsolatedStorageView.xaml.cs is missing a reference to Microsoft.Practices.Unity. (Where do I get that from?)
  • The reference to Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Silverlight has a yellow triangular symbol with an exclamation mark.

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM

You can get Unity for Silverlight 2.1 from here  or via NuGet (just search for Unity and it will automatically install the version targeting the Silvelright platform).

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Thank you.  As per this image to show what just happened when I tried to reference one of what I think are Silverlight dlls, I did that but I continue to have a problem determining which Unity dll to reference.

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Have you already did the steps above? Anyway, it works for me when I tried to re-reference the dll from EntLib50SLSrc\Blocks\bin\DebugSL

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Contact Us

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Thank you. I followed the steps as best I could. Still didn't work. Someone needs to create a reference map diagram to show in picture form how all these dlls relate. It's reference hell.  Ming Xu helped me out to solve the issue for now.