Creating WCF Service for Silverlight Logging Block

Topics: Silverlight Integration Pack
Jul 2, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=5.0.505.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is the error i am getting although i have installed the Enterprise Library Integration Pack. And i have referenced the same in the code as well. When i click on add reference i can see the assmebly listed but yet whenever i run the service it gives me this stupid error. all the forums tell that install this and reference properly what else to do other than this?

Am i missing something?

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hi,

How did you add reference? Are you referencing from GAC or from the Entlib Installation Folder?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I have this same problem.  I used NuGet to add the EntLib modules and assume the program is attempting to load the copy local to the executable.

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:33 AM

I'm not sure why you are getting this error, since the referenced assembly name should have the word Silverlight appended indicating that it is specific to Silverlight Integration Pack (ex: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Silverlight). Can you send us your repro project so we can further investigate the issue?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Noel:

I did not install enterprise library msi on the machine.  I just had NuGet install the entlib 5.0 exception and logging blocks into the Visual Studio project.

Eventually yesterday I downloaded and installed the entire entLib 5.0 option 1 package.  After this the error no longer appeared.  I had assumed that NuGet would adequtely prep the local machine when it installed the requested components, but it appears that was a bad guess.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:05 AM

I missed that one from System Requirements and Prerequisites. Anyway, thanks for sharing this out! :)

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.