Change The Endpoint Address of ILoggingServiceFactory

Topics: Logging Application Block
Jun 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hi, I'm using the ILoggingService on a silverlight project like shown in EL Examples, I need to change the endpoint address at runitme after the ConfigureAsync is complete, now I use the standard ServiceReferences.ClientConfig. Is there any way to change the endpoint address of remote logging service with a statment like this

EnterpriseLibraryContainer.Current.GetInstance<ILoggingServiceFactory>().ChannelFactory.EndPoints .......bla bla bla.....

Thanks

Max

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I would think you will need to have your own way on how to dynamically modify the servicereference.clientconfig programmatically. As far as I know, there's no specific way you can do this in entlib silverlight integration.

Gino Terrado
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Ok thanks we'll find another workaround

Max

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Hey one question on a totally different topic...But i am also using logging using ServiceReference.ClientConfig but i am unable to write or call a simple wcf service using RemoteTraceListener. It seems you are able to do that. can you please help me out?

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Hi - Btw, I've already respond in your initial post (http://entlib.codeplex.com/discussions/261479) regarding this. HTH.

Gino Terrado
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com