Send Logs from service to service

Topics: Logging Application Block
Jun 22, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Hi, 

I'm working on a silverlight project that contains a silverlight client and multiple WCF services. 

One of the services is chosen as a logging service. Therefore, I need to send logs to this service from silverlight client and other services. In case of silverlight client there is no problem, on the other hand, I could not find a way to send logs from service to service because of server side configuration of enterprise library.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Hi,

You may want to check the Remote Service Trace Listener. For more details, you can download the Silverlight Integration Pack documentation found here.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. I ve already used this listener at client side. But I dont know how to configure service that sends logs to logging service.

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Honestly, we are still studying on this technology. We will look into this, and get back to you.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I would think your scenario is really a bit tricky and not sure if the Remote Service Tracelistener can be utlize in this purpose, since it is designed to work for Silverlight logging. Though I'm not sure if customizing something like the Remote Service Trace Listener would be feasible too. What I can only suggest is to try and check the source code on how the Remote Service Trace Listener is implemented and hopefully it may give us some hint :o).

Gino Terrado
Avanade, Inc.