Migrate patterns & practices – Enterprise Library from 3.1.0.0 to 5.0.414.0

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Enterprise Library Core, General discussion, Security Application Block
May 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Hello,

I try to migrate my .NET project from VS2005 to VS2010 and the same time the enterprise library from 3.1.0.0 to 5.0.414.0. All going on correctly and can build my project without any errors. The problem is when I start my project in DEBUG mode, I have this following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have changed old configurations section  <section name="securityConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.SecuritySettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

with these new values <section name="securityConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.SecuritySettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

But I still receiving this old reference assemley error!

Please help me!

Raphy

May 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Hi,

Ok, basic question is, have you added reference to Enterprise Library 5.0 Assemblies from the Installation Folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin)? 

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

May 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Thanks for your reply,

I have modified all references paths in (vs2010) the project in order to point to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin) the installation bin directory. Please describe me if I am missing some other references. I am using a Win 7 Pro 64 Bits machine.

Raphy

May 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

It seems you have the same issue just like from this thread. Can you check if that is the case?

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

May 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Hi,

Thanks again for message,

I have check this link, but it's slightly differ from our situation we would like to update our applications as follows:

1. Visual Studio 2005  to 2010
  2. .Net Framework 2.0 to 4.0
  3. Enterprise Library - May 2007 3.1.0.0 to 5.0.414.0
  4. Webclient softwate factory June 2007 to the Latest version
  5. Web Client Guidance Package Octorber 2007 to the Latest version
  6. Web Service Software Factory to the Latest version
  7. Microsoft ASP .NET 2.0 AJAX Toolkit 1.0.61025.0 to the Latest version

I don't know whether it's possible to update directly from these versions to the corresponding latest versions?

Raphy

May 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM

My apologies but I'm not familiar with Webclient Software Factory, Web Client Guidance Package and Web Service Software Factory and how they can work with Enterprise Library. But after some research, i found that these technologies internally use Enterprise Library. Maybe you can check if the referenced EntLib assemblies are consistent throughout the application.  

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

May 18, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Ok,  thanks for your prompt reply.

Could you please tell me where can I download the package containning these two files:

1. Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary.dll
  2. Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.dll

Raphy

May 18, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Hope this guide will help you. Though this is not updated anymore, you can play around with it and apply the necessary changes on the version and see if it works. I also find this thread relevant. Hope it helps :)

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Avanade, Inc.

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
raphielda
I know its long time ago.
But did you found the librairies or a way to made it work?

tank you