Issue: Entlib 5.0 with ESB 2.1

Topics: Enterprise Library Core, Logging Application Block
May 12, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Hi:

I am installing EntLib 5.0 in my BizTalk Server 2010 server which has ESB 2.1.

I am getting lots of error with this setting. I chcekced assembly gac which was having the dll for 4.1 ent lib assembly and the machine.config was referring to 4.1 dll.

I deleted the 4.1 ent lib assembly from gac and changed the referece in machine.config to 5.0 entlib. On doing that it started throwing other kinds of error.

Error 1:

When opening App.confgi file(which has nothing) it is throwing error as:

error loading section enterpriselibrary.configurationsource

Error 2:

If I want Use a Logging :

{"[A]Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceSection cannot be cast to [B]Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceSection. Type A originates from 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common\4.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll'. Type B originates from 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'D:\Development\MISC\Log\WindowsApplication1\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll'."}

CAN YOU PLS LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I PROCEED WITH THIS SETTING.

IS IT COMPATIBLE?

I AM STRUGGLING A LOT. PLEASE HELP

May 13, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Hi,

This is a known issue for Enterprise Library and ESB Toolkit. Though I haven't tested it yet, you can try the work around suggested from this thread. Hope this helps.

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

May 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I already tried the work around that is on other thread but didn't work for me and getting the same error.

If this is the case then do you suggest I should use entlib 4.1 only. This is the only option for me?

May 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I can say yes, that's the easiest way to solve your issue since ESB 2.1 basically uses EntLib 4.1. Let's all hope that there will be future update on ESB that will work with EntLib 5.0. 

Noel Angelo Bolasoc
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com