Exception issue and Interop

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:33 AM
Hi all... I have a C# application using Entlib 3.1. With my C# test app, all things work good. However, when I export my C# DLL out for VB6 interop, load up my dll which references Ent Lib exception handling, it cant seem to find the exception handling stuff. What I did was copied all the enterprise library dll and xml files that were in my DLL's bin directory over with my C# DLL.. However, my C# DLL is not finding the Ent Lib dlls... .I was just wondering why this would be.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm past code freeze. ;)
Apr 8, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Still having trouble... It's odd. When I'm in VB6 and I run through the debugger, I get a different error than I do if I run the VB6 application by itself external to the VB6 IDE.

The error I get from inside the IDE is this :
Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=.... PublicToken=.... Or one of it's dependencies. The system could not find the file specified.

The error I get back when running the VB6 exe outside of the VB6 IDE :
The configuration section for logging can not be found in the configuration source.

I just don't get it... All the files are there in the VB 6 directory with the VB6 DLL. I've even registered into the GAC the referenced EntLib dll files.