There aren't any documentation for this. But here are the steps on how you can use it after downloading the source code:
1. Open the SqlConfigurationSource.sln. If you don't have the Moq assemblies, I suggest you just unload the test project so as to be able to build the solution successfully.
2. Copy the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SqlConfigurationSource assembly from project's output folder and paste it in the Enterprise Library bin installation folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin).
3. Run the CreateConfigDb.cmd file under the Scripts folder. This will create the EnterpriseLibraryConfiguration database where your configuration will be stored.
4. Edit your configuration file using the Enterprise Library Configuration Tool.
5. Add the Configuration Settings section (if it doesn't exists yet) by clicking on the Blocks menu, and select Add Configuration Settings.
6. Add the Sql Server Configuration Source in the list of Sources.
7. Set it as the default configuration source by selecting it in the Selected Source property of the Configuration Settings.
Any existing entlib configuration or those which you're going to add later will then get saved to the EnterpriseLibraryConfiguration database.
Global Technologies and Solutions