How to call a .Net COM+ object from C++ functions library?

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion
Mar 30, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I've not found some example that really works. I need to create an interaction system for MetaTrader. It's better to use modern technologies like WCF or somehting else using C#, but MetaTrader doesn't support COM or just OOP at all. So I need some gateway component that must be functions library with non-object interface. Surely, it requires usage of C++. But I'm not succeeded to find over the Web some example how to call from a C++ functions library a C# COM+ DLL. All the examples I could find use component C++ assemblies that are not supported by MetaTrader. So, I can't use namespace, etc. in C++. I wrote a COM+ server application that is easy to call from C# by the following lines

object c2 = Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Imutome.COMPlusCache.Cache"));
            c2.GetType().InvokeMember("OnTransfer", BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null, c2, null);

But when I'm trying to write in C++ something like this

CLSIDFromProgID(OLESTR("Imutome.COMPlusCache.Cache"), &rclsid);
	HRESULT	hres = CoCreateInstance(rclsid, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_IDispatch, (void **)&ppv);

I get just zeros in ppv and "0x80040154 Class not registered" in hres. Here there's no useful information. I'm not sure what interface is required but I've not succeeded to find what can I replace it with. Although in C# everything works. Here's the screenshot of Component Services Tell me please what do I need to change to make C++ succesfully create a COM+ object instance.

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Sorry but you would need to post this in other forums as this discussion board is for Enterprise Library-related topics.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.