Trying to Create a new Project.

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Enterprise Library Core
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Hi, I'm trying to create a new project, I've had installed Visual Studio 2010, and Enterprise Library.

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration, Version =, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ package did not load correctly.

The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get information by running the application together with the /log parameter on the command line, and then examining the file ‘C:\Documents and Settings\pruebasxp\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml’.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:03 AM

What version of Enterprise Library are you using?  The error message indicates you have version 3.1 which is not a supported scenario. 

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I'm using Enterprise Library 5.0, but I need to repair my installers because I use your Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration.dll version 3.1

and I modify the registry to access config files in Visual Studio.

I've noticed These file isn't present in source code in 5.0 so. I need to know how to modify my register to intall my app (that creates visual 2010 templates) and use EnterpriseLibrary to modify the configuration files.

I appreciate your time.

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I've send Eduardo the required registry entries offline.