Hi, I am using Enterprise Library 5.0/Visual Studio 2010. I'm wondering how I can debug/step into the source code when an issue arises. I've had a couple of configuation/setup issues (my fault) and I am thinking it would
be nice to be able to debug when issues arise. Thanks in advance for your help.
Here's a related thread -
http://entlib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=39988 regarding this.
To reiterate the steps, here it is;
1. Copy the .pdb file where the class you wish to debug belongs to the bin/Debug folder of your project.
2. Open your project and in the Tools menu in VisualStudio, select Options.
3. Go to the Debugging -> Symbols node.
4. Click the folder icon and specify the path where you placed the .pdb file in the Symbol file (.pdb) locations listbox.
5. Click Ok.
6. Place a breakpoint in your app and then run it.
7. Press F11 upon hitting the breakpoint.
8. You will then be prompted for the location of the class you wish to debug. You can easily locate that since you can see its original location in the dialog box.
Also note that the Entlib 5.0 pdb files are included in the bin directory where you install it.
Global Technologies and Solutions