Is there any way to print the EntLib50-combined.chm file?

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Edited Jan 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM

One of the frustrations I have with Microsoft .chm files is their lousy support for printing a topic and all subtopics. No matter what OS or hardware I use (currently using Windows 7 64-bit), I ALWAYS get a script error when selecting sub-topic print and horrible formatting when I select "Continue" after getting this error. I am attempting to print the EntLib50-combined.chm file as double-sided with three-hole punch... but NONE of the code-block examples in the document are printing, so the printed output is useless. I next tried converting it to PDF, but got the same result.

So... does anyone know a way to do this (a tool, utility, or bug fix, etc.) or, better yet, is there a PDF version of this documentation?

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I tried printing a selected topic and the output's just fine.  It's exactly the way it looks and the code blocks are also included.  Have you tried printing other chm file and see if you get the same result?  This may be a problem on your machine, you may want to google the script error you're getting. 

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com