Log Exceptions to Database wizard

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Jan 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Hi,

I have set up enterprise library configuratio using "Log Exceptions to Database" wizard from Configuration tool (v5.0).

All I have added try catch block in code and called ExceptionPolicy.HandleException method in catch block.

However its not working and also not giving error. ( I have make sure that code throws an exception). Can someone point me to find out any issue.

Also can someone point me to document/web page/blog which provides information about SP (its parameter) and Table structure being used for logging exception into database (in case for this wizard configuration)

Thanks,

Jigpatel06.

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM

If you configured a trace listener (except a database trace listener) under the Logging Errors and Warnings, it should be able to provide a log message which indicates what exception occurred while logging to the database. 

I don't know of any resource where the Logging database is documented but each column in the Log table just maps to each property of a Log Entry object.  Same goes for the stored procedure parameters.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com