PropertyProxyValidator and Client Side Validation

Topics: Validation Application Block
Nov 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Edited Nov 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Hello,

I was wondering why there wasn't implemented a Client Side Validation into the last version of PropertyProxyValidator?
Is there any chance to see it in the future versions?
Why the PropertyProxyValidator inherits from BaseValidator? Inheriting from bas validator we are getting with us a bunch of unused scripts as WebUIValidation.js (21kb).
Is there a possibility to collaborate on this project and make this control more useful?

Thanks

Mario Majcica 

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I'm not the right person to answer this question so I'll ask this with the EntLib team.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technologies and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Any news about this item?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Why? The usual reasons - cost, feature size, customer demand, and surrounding technology.

Client side validation in the web platform was (and still is) going through a lot of churn right now, and we didn't want to build anything that the product team would then obsolete two weeks later. Since they're actively working in this space, we feel it's best to let the platform settle a little first.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Mario,

Check this out: http://weblogs.asp.net/ricardoperes/archive/2010/11/19/server-side-validator.aspx

Not exactly like the PropertyProxyValidator, but it is a general-purpose server-side validator using AJAX, so you don't need to care. You can run your own validations there.

RP

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM

While it will not help you directly with client side validation, this article might interest you as well.

Cheers