Where is the WCF Integration Pack for Enterprise Library?

Topics: Enterprise Library Core, General discussion
Oct 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I want to use EntLib 5.0 with my WCF service. 

On the page WCF and ASP.NET Web Service Applications, it says "consider using the WCF Integration Pack for Enterprise Library. It contains classes that you can use directly to enable storage of and access to the container in WCF applications, and it can be used to automatically populate dependencies in your classes. For more information, see the Enterprise Library Community Web site on CodePlex."

I can't find it.  Can anyone help, please?

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:20 AM

We haven't written it yet.

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Ah, okay.  I've already done something based on a couple of posts I found.  I'll be interested to see your approach, once published.

Thanks

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Is this on the roadmap for 5.0?

My team is running into lots of issues with these integration assemblies not being 100% (e.g. WinForms ValidatorProvider type converters, PropertyComparisonValidator not supported by WPF, and now WCF).

The suprises are so wonderful. Reading things in documentation that simply don't exist.

I say "wonderful" quite literally, because it's good to be reminded that things titled "Enterprise Library" still have issues, so my daily developer woes don't seem quite so suprising.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:20 AM
Edited Jan 15, 2011 at 4:22 AM

As seen on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/f24kb/microsoft_recommended_using_the_wcf_integration/

Check out /r/ programming for insightful discussions about software development, computer programming, etc.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2011 at 4:10 AM

It's envisioned but we are not working on it yet. We are developing Silverlight Integration Pack. You can see our Jul 2010-June 2011 roadmap here.

If you'd like to see the WCF Integration Pack next in our pipeline, please suggest spefic scenarios to be addressed and vote for them on http://entlib.uservoice.com/forums/96591-wcf-integration-pack

Thanks.