Logging is not working

Topics: Logging Application Block
Oct 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM

We are using Enterprise Library Logging Application Block. On one server it works fine. On other server it just does not work. There is no event in event log, neither any error for Logging Application Block. The configuration is exactly same as for the server where it is working fine. And Enterprise Library binaries have been installed. The permissions to the user are also same as on other server. We just do not have any clue why its not working. Can you please guide on what should we look for?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM

What is the value of your Event Log Trace Listener's Log and Application properties?  Are you sure you have the necessary rights to write to the event log?  Just to be sure try configuring a flat file trace listener under the Logging Errors and Warnings section.  See if there will be any errors that are being thrown by the Logging Application Block.  Make sure you have enough permission to write to the directory where you're going to log.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Hi Sarah, Thanks a lot. After configuring Flat File Listener I could see the error. It was not finding a event source.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM

You're welcome.  That's what I suspected that's why I was asking for the value of the Log and Application properties of your Event Log Trace Listener.  Have you got it working yet?  Make sure to register the event source to the event log you want to use.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com