Entlib, SCSF and ClickOnce

Topics: General discussion
Feb 28, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Hello,
I have a SCSF application and I want to use ClickOnce for deployment.
after Goolging a bit, I have found the ClickOnce SDK and followed Brian Noyce's on how to publish a SCSF application using the Manifest Manager Utitliy.

All went well, I published using the regular ClickOnce, modified the application manifest using the manifest manager utility --> untill I tried to load the application from the publishing folder.

I failed on the following error: (the punch line is after the long error message...so keep reading)
------------------------
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
Activation of C:\temp\LinkDeploy\LINK.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/temp/LinkDeploy/Application%20Files/LINK10014/LINK.exe.manifest: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Parsing and DOM creation of the manifest resulted in error. Following parsing errors were noticed:
-HRESULT: 0x80070c81
Start line: 0
Start column: 0
Host file:
+ Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070C81
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070C81
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.CreateCMSFromXml(Byte[] buffer, UInt32 bufferSize, IManifestParseErrorCallback Callback, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadCMSFromStream(Stream stream)
------------------------------

After checking file by file (lot of work...), I have found out that the file that causes this issue is an Entlib DLL file: Microsoft.Practices.EnterprieLibrary.Common.dll.

Appreciate any help.