EnterpriseLibrary.Data 5.0 for SYBASE

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Data Access Application Block
Oct 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Hello guys,

I know we can use EnterpriseLibrary for SYBASE Database. This is my first time to use SYBASE. What I client, pluging or dll I need to run SYBSE with EnterpriseLibrary Data? In others words What I need and I how run EnterpriseLibrary data with SYBASE?

Thank You 

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:46 AM

There's no out-of-the-box provider for Sybase in DAAB.  You would need to create your own subclass of the Database class and another subclass for the DbProviderFactory.  Check out also the Adding a New Application Block Database Provider topic from the documentation.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Hey im not sure about this answer. Any more answers?

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:56 PM

If you have an ADO.NET provider for Sybase, you could use GenericDatabase to access it. You won't get any Sybase specific functionality, but often that's not an issue. Similarly, if you're using an OLEDB or ODBC provider, you can use the corresponding OLEDBDatabase or OdbcDatabase objects instead.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Guys what about this Sybase Open Client, The Sybase.Data.AseClient assembly?

Thank you

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:34 AM

It is an ADO.NET Provider so you could use a GenericDatabase with it.  Make sure to specify the correct value for the providerName attribute.

providerName="Sybase.Data.AseClient"

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com