EntLib 3.1/5.0 - Not recognising app.config <ApplicationSettings> Section

Topics: Cryptography Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, General discussion
Sep 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I am very new to Enterprise Library, and am trying to work with it to Encrypt the App.Config for a VS2005 Application.

While carrying out some familiarisation tests, I noticed that the EntLib3.1 only recognises the <appsettings> in the App.Config File.

In my config file I have <applicationsettings> Section which was created by Visual Studio 2005 when I saved My.Application.Settings!

Funilly enough the EntLibrary Configuration does not recognise this section!! But only the <appsettings> Section!

Does any one who is more familiar with EntLib or App.Config file ever encountered such problem or can guide me in the right direction?

That is; VS2005 uses the <applicationsettings> section while Enterprise Linrary uses the <appsettings>

(Tried reading the app.config with EntLib5.0 and I got the same results) 

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:45 AM

That is the expected behavior.  Even Visual Studio makes a distinction between the two.  If you have an <appSettings> section, opening the Visual Studio editor for application settings doesn't load those items from the appSettings section.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avande, Inc.