Is this forum Alive?Nobody answer the questions

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Cryptography Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block, Policy Injection Application Block, Security Application Block, Validation Application Block
Feb 19, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Just wondering whether this forum is alive at all.I understand is a community forum ,however would not be better to create a thread in the msdn forum "Enterprise Library" we will all stand a better chance of a response.

Enterprise Library is great but Info /example is lacking.I know there are examples on some application.EG Litware or a book (outdated)
but what the community really wants is a simple "northwind" example where all the blocks are implemented included

Deployment (seems to be a mystery how you deploy EL and all it's intricases)
How you trace a log (is it possible to return an HandlingInstanceID) in webForms/Winforms msgBox.

etcc.....

May be is to much to ask.. Or can we create a place where people can upload their EnterpriseLIbrary Demos.?

Again.
sorry for my English but this is meant to be a constructive critisism!!

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Yes - this forum is alive!

Perhaps it is time to collect the commonly asked questions and put them into a more formal place. However more often than not the questions have already been asked (and answered) in this forum. But it appears not everyone wants to search a little (be it in the forum or in the EL code) to achieve their needs.

Perhaps CodePlex or SourceForge is a good place for user supplied demos. (I imagine CodePlex is preferred).

Gareth
Feb 19, 2008 at 4:57 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Gareth wrote:
Yes - this forum is alive!

Perhaps it is time to collect the commonly asked questions and put them into a more formal place. However more often than not the questions have already been asked (and answered) in this forum. But it appears not everyone wants to search a little (be it in the forum or in the EL code) to achieve their needs.

Perhaps CodePlex or SourceForge is a good place for user supplied demos. (I imagine CodePlex is preferred).

Gareth

Thanks for your reply.
Point taken and very good one.

Being farly new to EL i have lots of questions .I managed to find the answers to many of them by googling or a book on EL ,some like Deployment and the necessary steps returning an HandlingInstanceID etc... I could not find anywhere or when I found something it contradicted with someone else experience.
What prompted me to write this thread is bcse i have seen lot's of threads i was interested in with no replies.

thanks