dataConfiguration error

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Data Access Application Block, General discussion
May 28, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Experts,

I just downloaded the EntLib5.0 and tried to test this block for the first time.   After doing some needed stuff and ready to fire up for the first time, I got this error: 

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for dataConfiguration: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I look into line #8 in the web.config and it points to: 

<section 

name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="true"/>

Am I missing something?  Here is my environment settings:

Tool: VS2010, running web-based app (using .NET framework 3.5 instead of 4.0)

SQL server 2005.  The sql part works fine (with all corrected connection settings)

in my sample code_behind page, I have this super simple codes:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase();
            String sqlCommand = "sp_Testing";
            DbCommand dbCommand = db.GetStoredProcCommand(sqlCommand);
            DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            GV1.DataSource = db.ExecuteDataSet(dbCommand);
            GV1.DataBind();
        }

Please do help.

Bests

le9569

May 30, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Are you referencing the Data assembly from GAC?  If yes, there's an issue with that and it's described here.  The workaround is included as well.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@Avanade.com