Enterprise Library 5.0 documentation for vs2010

May 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM
Will it be available?
May 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM

EntLib 5 doesn't do anything specific targeted for .NET Framework 4.0.  Anyway, there was a mention of a plan to release entlib binaries targeting .NET 4.0 by Chris Tavares but no specific details beyond that.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

May 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM

alexrv,

An additional point to what Sarah has mentioned above.

Enterprise Library 5.0 Conceptual documentation is available for VS2010 via Help3 online download (we are listed under the patterns & practices node).

The API Reference is not fully published, as MSDN is in the process of migration now. As soon as it's done, I'll update this thread.

- Grigori,
Enterprise Library producer

Jun 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM

"Enterprise Library 5.0 Conceptual documentation is available for VS2010 via Help3 online download (we are listed under the patterns & practices node)."

Could you spell that out a little more please, I've installed Enterprise Library 5.0 + a couple of the new software factory releases but I don't see a "patterns & practices node" in the main help viewer or via the help library manager > install content from online. Clicking on the documentation link in the Programs menu gets me back here to download the chm file, but the new help system seems to need a .msha manifest in order to install content from disk.

Thanks,

Malcolm Ellis