Building Enterprise Library dependencies from source

Topics: Building and extending application blocks
May 17, 2010 at 3:42 AM
I am running into a bit of a logistical issue trying to recompile the entire Enterprise Library and its dependencies from source. The Enterprise Library dependencies are located in the Lib folder. I need to rebuild them all from source, however I cannot find the source for some of them. I can find the Unity source in Codeplex, but I am stumped as to where I would get the source for the HostAdapter and the ServiceLocation dlls. The primary reason I am trying to recompile the dlls is that I am trying to get rid of the Microsoft signature. I believe these signed dlls are causing to start up slowly because it tries to authenticate the digital signature and Network Service cannot access the internet without a proxy setting. (I am aware I can disable this verification at a system level but I do not want to do this) Any help would be great. Thank you !
May 17, 2010 at 3:56 AM

The Design.HostAdapter source code was deliberately not shipped as part of the source code.  Here's Chris Tavares' reply on this -  

On the other hand, the ServiceLocation assembly is a separate project here in Codeplex -

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

May 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM

The HostAdapter is only for Visual Studio integration. If your goal is to speed up ASP.NET startup time, you don't need to recompile it - you just need to not deploy it. It's a config-tool only thing and wouldn't get loaded at runtime anyway.

Also, be aware that if you recompile the service location DLL you'll break any other container adapters unless you recompile them too. Not that you may care about that.