Enterprise Library 5.0 CHM is broken?

May 2, 2010 at 5:07 AM

After I downloaded the CHM from the enterprise library and clicked the topics in the left navigation pane, I only get "page cannot be displayed" error pages?

How can I read the docs?

May 2, 2010 at 5:42 AM

This happens on every chm file you download these days. Find the chm file in windows explorer, right click on it, select "Properties", and hit the "Unblock" button down near the bottom. It's a Windows security thing - it treats every chm file from the internet as potentially dangerous and locks out most of its functionality.

May 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM
ctavares wrote:

This happens on every chm file you download these days. Find the chm file in windows explorer, right click on it, select "Properties", and hit the "Unblock" button down near the bottom. It's a Windows security thing - it treats every chm file from the internet as potentially dangerous and locks out most of its functionality.

Does this apply to WinXP OS also?  Don't ask, company havn't move to Win7 yet.

I can't find anything under properties to 'Unblock'...

Thanks!

May 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM
For win xp, it is under General tab instead of Security. If it is blocked, you will see Unblock button.
May 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Thank you ShawnShi03 for replying.  I don't see the 'Unblock' button and when I open the chm, it just say can't connect to the internet?  Any thought?  Is this document available in PDF or Word?

Thanks!

May 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM

There are two scenarios that you cannot see "Unblock" button under General tab->Security row at the bottom (Win XP only):

1. That chm file has been unblocked (Once it is unblocked, "Unblock" button will be gone.). Obviously you are not in this case since you still cannot open it.

2. You probably missed the permission to view the entire contents of the General tab. Log in as local admin and see if you can see "Unblock" button there.

It is not documented, but I can reproduce the problem you had on win xp.

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM
ctavares wrote:

Thanks a lot, your post is great I have unlocked the document successfully and open the doc.