EHAB and LAB for SharePoint

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Apr 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Hi there,

I like to know why can't we use Enterprise Library: Exception Handling and Logging application blocks to send email alerts with exception stack ?

I have successfully implemented this in ASP.NET 3.5 application and it works great, when ever there is an exception with in web application it sends an email

with error stack. The only thing it required was configuring the web application to utilise Exception and Logging application blocks.

SharePoint is also a web application(web farm) with a web.config. Is it feasible to configure SharePoint portal to send email messages when

exception occurs with in portal using Enterprise Library Exception Handling and Logging blocks?

Here is the reference which implements IHttpHandler http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sharepoint/Handling_Error_Centrally.aspx , i do not think it is required to achieve the above

functionality.

your insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I'd like to know why you say that you can't use EHAB and LAB in such scenario.  Did you try to use it but didn't get the expected emails?  If you don't think that the link to the Handling Error Centrally article is required, do you have other places in mind where you can put the exception handling codes?

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com