Final 5.0 Source Code uploaded

Topics: Enterprise Library Core, General discussion, Pre-release discussions
Apr 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Hi all. We've hit an unfortunate snag with the release paperwork for 5.0 which is delaying the final release (probably until next week). However, the code is done. So, I've uploaded the release source for 5.0 to Codeplex source control. Please take a look, and thanks for your support.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Thx for the Info.

Will the book  "Zen and the Art of Managing Crosscutting Concerns in Enterprise Software Development" released with the final release of 5.0? As a beginner with the Enterprise Library I really would appreciate this kind of documentation (even if I had to pay a few bucks for it).

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:12 PM

The book will be coming after the 5.0 bits are released, but hopefully not too much longer. It's pretty close to done, but still needs edit / polish / etc.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Joshua,

In addition to the guide, we are working on a set of updated hands-on labs for Enterprise Library 5.0, which hopefully will help you get going with it faster.

-Grigori

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Thank you guys,

what a pity I learned about the Enterprise Library only a few months ago, it could have saved me a lot of work over the last years.

I think your work should be much more advertised. I will do (and do already) my part and telling all my colleagues about it.

Great job, thx.