Storing Multiple configuration in the database using SQlconfigurationSource

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Apr 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

I need to store multiple configuration of the Application block for Exception handling in the database. I think we need to modify the Stored procedure provided by the SqlConfigurationSource. For eg. I have multiple application such as App1,App2 and so on. So if i have configuration1 for App1 and Configuration2 for App2 and so on. How can i achieve this. Is it possible using the SqlConfigurationSource. Please help.

Regards,

Sumeeth

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM

The out of the box behavior doesn't support that but does your App1 and App2 share the same database?  Coz if not you can just execute the script for creating the table and stored procedures on the databases they each use.

But if you really need that functionality, you would have to modify the source code.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:13 AM

hi Sarah,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, we have the same database for both the application. Do i need to change the GetSection method ? we might have to modify the Stored procedures provided by EntLib and also have to add two more columns in the table. 

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Yes, you will need to modify quite a lot of things, I think most of them because you need to pass in the application parameter to which the section you want to get/update/add corresponds to.  You would also need to consider how to specify this application parameter in the EntLib config tool.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your response. Its great to see the quick responses from you guys. Can we expect this sort ,in the coming version of the Application Block?

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:06 AM

I don't think so.  At this time, this would be too late for the version 5.0 as it will already be out by April 14.  But you can still log it as a feature request, who knows, they might consider it in the version after 5.0.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Thanks a lot.