Batch Procedure execution - need Suggestion

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Feb 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Hi All ,

I am uisng EA 3.0 , i have an idea i just need suggestion whether it is possible to do it or not , i ran out of ideas so i am posting in this forum.

is it be possible to write a wrapper which accepts the input of all the procedure name and parameters . and make that executing at transcation.

suppose i have parent table and child talbe ( Order table , and Order details table) when there is an order, order details will be inserted into Order table and details of that order will be placed in the Order details table ,    there is a out put value from first procedure ( Order id) which will be input to second procedure (order id) .

All this insertion should be a transcation

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:25 AM

You mean EL, not EA, right?  Anyway, you can achieve this using a TransactionScope.  The idea is to use the same instance of a TransactionScope in both operations.  You can refer to this thread -

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Hi Avanda,

Really thanks for you reply and taking your time to reply it .

yes the link that you send did helped me but i was looking for similar kind of solution but in a different way .

Just suggest me is it doable or not and any if you have any better idea than my question .

in the link you posted there is a example of person, so in the person class or some where they are writing specific logic to insert person data and transcation data in two tables , if we have to do same kind of task in different class , say (person - transcation details)  , (order - order details)  etc i dont want to write specific logs to every class , instead i was thinking to write a seperate class which shld take input procedure name , and its parameters etc.. , its some thing like a gerneric function which can execute any number of procedure in one transcation scope , this is my idea .

can you suggest any idea or any advices ?

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:26 AM

It is doable, just make sure you know how to distinguish the parameters for each table.  You can probably create a wrapper class, sort of a dictionary probably, which will contain the procedure name and its corresponding parameters.  

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.