Ent Lib 3.1 throws runtime exception when re-compiled and referenced in the applicaton again.

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, General discussion
Dec 20, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Hi All,

I have re-compiled the Ent Lib 3.1 and re-referenced the dll's (without sigining). (Data and Common assemblies)The applicaton (which is also not signed) is compiling perfectly fine but during the run time I am getting the followinf error. I checked the source of the FileConfigurationSource class and it does has a ConfigurationElementTypeAttribute declared.

"The type FileConfigurationSource does not contain the ConfigurationElementTypeAttribute"

Note: - I never got this error before when I was using the Ent Lib 3.1 dll's. I am just getting it after I recompiled the common and data dlls.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue please?

Thanks,
Nilesh
Dec 20, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Hi,

What does your configuration file look like? Particularly the config sources section.
Also, you probably have a reference to a signed binary somewhere or a way for Fusion to find them (are they GAC'ed?)

Fernando