Logging Configuration Settings

Topics: Logging Application Block
Nov 12, 2007 at 10:33 PM
Does the Application configuration file need a reference to dataConfiguration dll? It works fine without the section included, but the configuration console always puts it back when a configuration file is changed.

Thanks,

Travis
Nov 13, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Hi Travis,

This is really a consequence of a combination of factors, explained in this post from Tom http://blogs.msdn.com/tomholl/archive/2006/04/25/583796.aspx.

This is usually not an issue, other than the slight clutter in the configuration file.

Regards,
Fernando
Nov 13, 2007 at 5:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Fernando,

The reason why I ask is that some of the Application Configuration files do not currently have the dll referenced and some do. I have not seen any issues with not having it, but wanted to make sure that if it is needed I will update all the Application configurations files that do not have it referenced.

If I am only using the Logging Application Block, do I need the reference to the dataConfiguration dll?

Thanks again,

Travis

Nov 13, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Travis,

What do you mean by reference? Your application shouldn't need to have a reference to the assembly unless it uses the DAAB; the existence of the DAAB section will not require shuch a reference.

Fernando