EHAB in Class Library?

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Nov 8, 2007 at 7:28 PM
Hey all,

I have a web application using setup to use EHAB (i.e. ExceptionManger.Publish ( ex ); ). As a result the web.config file is setup to call the customized handler.

We would now like to use this customized ExceptionManager in our other layers (business & data). I have read up on this and it appears that you can create an app.config file for the DLL, but in order to reference it properly you have to manually copy into the primary application's directory (I'm guessing in this case it would have to be the web folder). I think this would work fine on the development machines as all layers are on the same machine. I think we will run into problems doing this because the Business and Data layers will be hosted on another machine and are triggered via remoting.

I am thinking that the EHAB is out for our exception handling and in the remoted layers we will have to manually handle the exceptions.

When remoting is used, I'm fairly certain that the "throw ex;" back to the web app will lose the specifics of the exception.

Any ideas/thoughts?

TJ
Nov 9, 2007 at 6:44 AM
The path of least resistance would be to configure the EHAB in each of the app/web.config files for each process in your system.

Tom
Nov 9, 2007 at 2:10 PM
I figured as much. Thanks for the quick reply.

tomhollander wrote:
The path of least resistance would be to configure the EHAB in each of the app/web.config files for each process in your system.

Tom