Does anyone have any decent diagrams showing distributed MSMQ deployment models?

Topics: Logging Application Block
Oct 25, 2007 at 2:28 PM
I am working to a tight deadline at the minute and would very much appreciate it if anyone can provide me with a decent diagram showing a typical distributed MSMQ logging application block deployment.

Cheers,
Steve
Oct 25, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Hi,

Can you describe what you're looking for in the diagram? I take it you don't consider the diagram in the help file (ms-help://ms.EntLib.2007May/EnterpriseLibrary/html/06-070-UsingtheDistributor_Service.htm) decent enough.

Fernando
Oct 26, 2007 at 7:28 AM
Doh, yeah that's a pretty close fit to what I want. Perhaps it would help if I described the deployment I am considering. If anyone has a comment, please let me know!

My app will be deployed onto a farm of Win2003 servers. I plan on hosting a number of message queues on one of these. General queues will not be transactional, but an Audit queue will be.

My clients, running on the other Win2003 server boxes, will post Log or Reporting messages onto the appropriate remote, private queues. Audit will also post onto remote private queues, but these will be transactional. In the case of the audit queues, the "Special Sources, Logging Errors & Warnings" event will write to the local event log. In this way, I hope to be able to catch any problems with the audit queue in the local eventlog of the machine sending Audit data. Of course, if the local "outgoing" queue is fine, then the audit info will be cached too.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Steve