Validation configuration validation

Topics: Validation Application Block
Oct 23, 2007 at 12:47 PM
Is there any known way to validate your validation configuration. If I specify validation rules in my config file, and then change the name of one of the properties being validated, I don't seem to be getting any kind of errors. The rule just silently stops running. That's not good. Have I missed something? Is there any call I can make to the validation block to force it to verify that the rules all point to something valid?
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:22 AM
Hi,

MelGrubb wrote:
Is there any known way to validate your validation configuration. If I specify validation rules in my config file, and then change the name of one of the properties being validated, I don't seem to be getting any kind of errors. The rule just silently stops running. That's not good. Have I missed something? Is there any call I can make to the validation block to force it to verify that the rules all point to something valid?

Unfortunately there isn't a way to validate configuration, and invalid configuration is ignored and not even logged as you noticed. Logging as a suggestion for the next release.

Fernando
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:23 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.