Lib?

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Enterprise Library Core
Oct 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Ya know, with the amount of verbosity that's involved with your namespaces and assembly names, I have to say it's excessively ironic that you use "Lib" as the directory name for referenced assemblies in your install path and guidance packages. :)

How about "Referenced Assemblies" or "Assemblies" or mabye "Library"

Sure it's nitpicky, but you have done such an AWESOME job of weeding out Retro-Tech-Think in naming everything else that it warrants a push to finish the job!

While we're at it, is there ANY reason why MAX_PATH still exists in Vista??? WhyTF don't they just up that bad boy to 512???
Oct 18, 2007 at 9:45 AM
LOL. If I ever meet the guy who #define'd MAX_PATH it's not going to be pretty.

lib isn't the only unixy foldername, we also have src and bin (and UnitTests, but let's not worry about that now!). Visual Studio already leads you down this path with obj and bin, so we thought we'd play along.

Tom
Oct 18, 2007 at 9:47 AM
And... 512 isn't nearly enough. Something around the scale of 2^16 might just do it.
Oct 18, 2007 at 1:28 PM

tomhollander wrote:
And... 512 isn't nearly enough. Something around the scale of 2^16 might just do it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this. I can't emphasize enough how important well-defined namespacing is. EntLib is really a most-excellent example of very well-defined namespaces. The best, even. It's just too bad that the root needs to be off the C:\ LOL. :(