version 3.1.0.0 but runtime v2.0.50727

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:19 PM
Error 2 The type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Instrumentation.IInstrumentationEventProvider' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.C:\Users\me\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\uNet\Chart.Log\Logger.cs 393 33 Chart.Log

I have added a reference and am using 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Instrumentation;'. I am guessing the problem is that I only have NET2 installed on this PC and I don't want to install NET3 - because I want to be sure my programs are only using NET2.

The 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common reference properties refer to version 3.1.0.0 but runtime v2.0.50727.

Does anyone know how to get around this other than installing NET 3 ?
Oct 17, 2007 at 1:51 AM
Runtime v2.0.50727 = the .NET Framework Version your using.

Based on your error "...Instrumentation.IInstrumentationEventProvider..." I bet you need to install the instumentation that came with EntLib. There are links to the batch file(s) for installing the instrumentation under start -> programs -> entlib

Then you can add the reference in the usual way. If your not using instrumentation you could take it out of your config.