Sharing an App.Config file

Topics: Enterprise Library Core
Oct 12, 2007 at 8:50 PM
We have an office in Australia that produces an MDI application. Our office produces the child forms and logic for our application and plugs into their MDI application. When you start their application, it loads our forms.

The concept works except I'm having a problem using EntLibConfig.exe to configure the App.Config.

When we built the Jan 2006 Enterprise Library, we strong named everything. All of the Ent Lib source projects were given a strong name key and we went in and changed all of the InternalsVisibleTo attributes in the AssemblyInfo.cs files. Unfortunately, when the Australia office built their version of the Jan 2006 Ent Lib, they didn't strong name their version.

When I open the App.Config in notepad, I see that they are using the logging application block. When I start EntLibConfig.exe and go to open the App.Config file, I get an error that the console can't load Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, version =2.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=null. When I copy their version of the logging dll into the folder containing EntLibConfig.exe and try to open the App.Config file again, I get an error that the console can't load Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, version =2.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=ce2324af1688ab32 (which is our public key).

Anybody have any ideas how I can get around this?

Regards,
Roger Sutter
Oct 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Hi,

With EntLib 2, you need author a configuration file with versions of the config tool and design time assemblies that match the runtime assemblies. Just by copying the logging block assembly will not do the trick.

Fernando