Are there different libraries for ASP.Net and for WinForms

Topics: Data Access Application Block, General discussion
Sep 18, 2007 at 5:53 PM
1/ Hi, Is there a different entreprise library application blocks depending on whether we re doing web forms or WinForms or is there only one Application block for both Win Form and Web Forms

2/ Another confusion I am having:
I just want to explore Entreprise library blocks, I assume they re helpful although I thought .Net 2.0 has a lot of automatic things and I thought we didn t need any more tools to automate. For example for Data we already have DataSet designer, why would we need the DataBlock for example?

Thank you very much.
Sep 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM
Hi.

There is a single version of the blocks that can be used for both WinForms and ASP.NET applications.

You can learn about the different blocks' scenarios and goals in the integrated help for EntLib.

Fernando

tutus wrote:
1/ Hi, Is there a different entreprise library application blocks depending on whether we re doing web forms or WinForms or is there only one Application block for both Win Form and Web Forms

2/ Another confusion I am having:
I just want to explore Entreprise library blocks, I assume they re helpful although I thought .Net 2.0 has a lot of automatic things and I thought we didn t need any more tools to automate. For example for Data we already have DataSet designer, why would we need the DataBlock for example?

Thank you very much.

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:52 PM

fsimonazzi wrote:
Hi.

There is a single version of the blocks that can be used for both WinForms and ASP.NET applications.

Fernando

I guess u mean the Data Block, and all the others I guess are only used in WinForms. Is there any thing for ASP.Net besides the Data Block?

Why did they ignore the Web Forms then?

Thanks.
Sep 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM
Hi,

I guess u mean the Data Block, and all the others I guess are only used in WinForms. Is there any thing for ASP.Net besides the Data Block?

Why did they ignore the Web Forms then?

Thanks.

I guess you misunderstood my answer. There is single version of the blocks, and each block can be used on WinForms and ASP.NET applications.
What's your specific concern?

Fernando
Sep 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM
Yep, I totally misunderstood, ouups, thanks, my concern was just that i was gonna start studing blocks for web forms so I didn t want to study the wrong material. Thanks for your reassurance Fernando.