configuration for Enterprise library

Topics: Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Sep 4, 2007 at 5:33 AM
Hi,

I am working with enterprise Library since 3 months. And as per my knowledge a .config file is must for using enterprise library.

But is there some way to use enterprise library without a .config file for logging and exception handling just referencing the respective dlls.

I am a developer working in the business layer and developing the .dlls so if it's a good idea to have .config file in the dll or there exists some other way???

Expert opinion required ...

Thanks
Sep 4, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Hi,

You can use the logging and exception handling blocks without a configuration file, just by creating the involved objects in your application's code; however, you won't be able to use the static facades using them like this.
You can also use a FileConfigurationSource to look for configuration in a file named businesslayer.config file or similar. While the experience will be better (you can use the config tools for authoring this file), you would still be unable tu use the static facades.

Regards,
Fernando