Unneeded/wanted files using entlib 3.1 ?

Topics: Enterprise Library Core, General discussion
Aug 16, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Hi all, after adding the entlib dlls in our file based web project via the add references . . . dialog. We have all of a sudden xml files in our bin folder. Besides that, is it correct to have all entlib dlls appended with a .refresh ending ?

Thx,

Peter.
Aug 16, 2007 at 5:35 PM
That's the way VisualStudio's web projects work, and this behavior is not restricted to EntLib's assemblies. The xml files you mention are probably the doc files for the assemblies.

Fernando
Aug 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM
Hi Fernando,

thx for the quick response. Fine for VS to work like that, although the object builder dll does not seem to be very cooperative in this, i.e. it does not have a attached .refresh object. Anyway, i can live with that . . . now about those xmls can they be deleted/removed from the project's bin folder ?

Do you happen to know a way to put the entlib in the GAC or in the machine's / web's config files . . .

Thx and kind regards

Peter.

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:53 PM
Hi,

Are you facing any particular issue with these files, or is it just the aesthetics that worry you? You can delete the files, but they will be readded next time you build...

About your questions, I'm not sure how EntLib's assemblies would be different from any other assembly. Isn't gacutil working?

Fernando