Starter example - user authentication

Topics: Data Access Application Block, General discussion, Security Application Block
Aug 6, 2007 at 12:43 AM
Hi, please forgive me if this is a FAQ. I would like to be pointed at a starter example for a web application that includes the MS user authentication and roles. Preferrably the example would show how to do this with the security application block and WCSF. We will be using sql server to maintain our user db.

regards, Mark
Aug 6, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Hi,

Have you given the Security QuickStarts a try? Although they don't show WCSF, they might still be useful.

Regards,
Fernando
Aug 10, 2007 at 7:33 PM
Where are the Security QuickStarts? I am a newbie to this block as well and would like some examples or documentation to look at.
Aug 10, 2007 at 7:45 PM
Hi,

When you install the Enterprise Library v3.1 you will be given the choice to install the source code, and you will get a shortcut to the "Enterprise Library Source Code Installer". Either way, you will be offered to install the blocks and assemblies' source code, and you will also have a checkbox for the QuickStarts. All the source code will be installed to the location you specify, usually C:\EntLibSrc.

Regards,
Fernando