DataAccessAppBlock - Transaction

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Aug 2, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Hi,

In my application i need to make multiple database updates/inserts. I want to roll all of them into a single transaction. How can i achieve this using DAAB? How are transaction handled in DAAB?

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks
Manohar
Aug 2, 2007 at 2:18 PM
Hi,

Please refer to help topics "Performing Multiple Updates Within a Transaction" (for the old approach) and "Using the TransactionScope Class" (for the new approach) in the integrated help.

Regards,
Fernando
Aug 2, 2007 at 2:36 PM
Thank you sir.

fsimonazzi wrote:
Hi,

Please refer to help topics "Performing Multiple Updates Within a Transaction" (for the old approach) and "Using the TransactionScope Class" (for the new approach) in the integrated help.

Regards,
Fernando

Aug 2, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Fernando.

I am using service factory. The service factory receipe for creating repository does not create anything to use transactions. If i use TransactionScope, all the transactions made using each repository for each business entity will be distributed transaction, which will be expensive. Can you provide any guidance on this please.

Thanks
Manohar

NikkamM wrote:
Thank you sir.

fsimonazzi wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Fernando

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM
Hi,

You may want to try asking in the data access forum at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=45&SiteID=1.

I'm not an expert on this subject, but AFAIK distributed transactions are only used only if necessary (i.e. more than one SQL server is involved). If you're using other DB vendor, then my understanding is that yes, all transactions will be distributed.

Regards,
Fernando