EnvironmentalOverrides in 3.1

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:47 PM
I'm unable to add an evironmental overrides node in the EntLib Config application. I've checked the bin folder and it's there. Any steps I'm missing or things I can check for?
Jul 26, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Hi,

Can you explain your situation with more detail? I'm assuming you have a fresh EntLib 3.1 installation, and you're running the stand alone config app from the shortcut in the EntLib program group.

When you create a new config file, do you see the Environments node? If you do, do you get the New/Environment context menu when you right-click on the node? Is it enabled?

Regards,
Fernando
Jul 27, 2007 at 1:28 PM
Your assumptions are correct. This is a fresh install and I'm running the EntLib config app. I've opened an existing web.config and have added a logging block to it and configured it. But, no, I do not see the environments node; no Environment in the context menu, not enabled, not disabled, no menu item whatsoever.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
Jul 27, 2007 at 2:10 PM
Hi Dave,

How strange. Does this happen with a new configuration file too? How are you launching the tool?

Regards,
Fernando
Jul 27, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Ooops. This is embarrasing. I was looking for it as an application block (i.e. on the context menu at the application level ... the way it was as a 3rd party add-in) and didn't see it as a preset node.

Sorry to take up your time.

Dave
Jul 27, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Hi Dave,

No problem, I'm glad it's working for you now. You should also know that there are other differences in the way overrides work now. There are several posts about this on this discussion list; one of the most confusing changes at first is that now there is no reference to the overrides in the configuration file, so you need to reload them yourself.

Regards,
Fernando