SqlConfigurationSource & enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Enterprise Library Core, General discussion
Jul 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Greetings,

I'm looking to implement a SqlConfigurationSource but don't know the app.config syntax for configuring the new source.

I understand that for a file the config section should look something like this below. What does it look like for Sql?

<enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource selectedSource="fileSource">
<sources>
<add name="fileSource" ....
filePath ="My.config" />
<add name="systemSource" ..../>
</sources>
</enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource>

Thanks,
Michael
Jul 21, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Hi,

This is the configuration used by the unit tests from the SqlConfigurationSource QuickStart

<enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource selectedSource="sqlSource">
<sources>
<add name="sqlSource" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SqlConfigurationSource.SqlConfigurationSource, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.SqlConfigurationSource"
connectionString="server=(local)\SQLExpress;database=Northwind;Integrated Security=true"
getStoredProcedure="EntLib_GetConfig"
setStoredProcedure="EntLib_SetConfig"
refreshStoredProcedure="UpdateSectionDate"
removeStoredProcedure="EntLib_RemoveSection"
/>
</sources>
</enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource>

However, the quickstart does implement design time support for this configuration, so you could use the tool instead (after deploying the binaries to the tool's folder).

Fernando
Sep 21, 2007 at 11:54 AM
I changed the Enterprise library source code (added SqlConfigSrc) now I am having problems with signed assemblies :
What is the correct way of adding SqlConfigurationSource??

The only way I could get the SqlConfigurationSource to work was by adding a number of files from the SqlConfiguration quickstart into the EnterpriseLibrary source code, changing some files in the configuration-core of enterprise library (ConfigurationSourcesCommandregistrar to enable entlib to recognise the newly added configurationsource) and then rebuilding the entire Enterprise Library. This results in a list of new assemblies for the entire EnterpriseLibrary and none of the assemblies are signed; which is not ideal. Is there a better way of adding the SqlConfigurationSource??

I am also using DAAB so ended up using this patch http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=054e5e59-9d4e-4c83-ab5e-3b6ad9a6f4b6 (by A Kraus)

(someone please tell me the sqlconfigurationsource will be included in future EnterpriseLibrary releases?)